Friday, January 7, 2011

Writing

Ms. Major: "Why is being able to write important?"
Student1: "One day we will want to text our friends!"
Student 2: "And have a facebook!"


Student writing samples:

Prompt: Now you are in first grade. Tell about things you do now.
Response 1: First my name is _________ Jr. Now the story! I was learning. Great stuff. And was reading chapter books! And i was crying.
Response 2: Now Im a big boy. I no how to do math and rite sintnses (sentences). I like to lrn. (learn)
Response 3: I no how two eat marshmallows. I no how to be cool. I no how to do a read.
Response 4: A thing I do now is use school glue.


Poetry: Write a poem about the sun.

Poem 1: I love the sun / the sunshine / the sunshine is good / the sunshine is swete (sweet) / my mom had to put it up

Poem 2: The sun shines on a beautiful day / it shines on me / I love it / I want it to shine on me all time

Poem 3: The sun shines in my eyes / the sun is hot / the sun hurts my mom eyes / the sun hurts my eyes / the sun loves me

*Poem 4: God made everything / even the sun. / It is the brighttis (brightest) of the youniverse (universe). / Or mars / The sun looks like a star. / Matter a vaced (matter of fact) it is a star! / No avence (offense) but it is ugly. / Cuz the sun is pontee (pointy) everywhere. / It will burn your mouth

Poem 5: The sun is hot. / She is a star./ The sun eats the sky / The sun is a pointy square. / She is yellow. / The sun have a uther (another) side / The moon.

Poem 6: The sun is an old friend with the moon. / He is a star. / He shines like a star. / I wish I cud (could) go to space to see the sun / and see all the planets.

*Poem 7 : I want to eat the sun. / I think the sun will taste hot / really really hot. / It will burn your mouf (mouth) / I will go to the refrigerator to get a drink

1 comment: